There is a lot of report in the world of Disney this week. New changes to DCL and WDW. If you know of something else that needs to be listed here, feel free to comment and let me know!
Disney Cruise News
- Disney Cruise Line has a brand new, enhanced online check-in process. Cruisers will be able to input more information at home before cruise time. This will allow a smoother check-in at the port. If you have an upcoming cruise be sure you check it out - https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/planning-center/my-online-check-in/
- In addition to the new online process, Disney Cruise Line has started assigning port arrival times. This is a big change from what Disney has done in the past. Each cruisers will be assigned a time to arrive during the online check-in process. You will have a choice of available times. This new feature does not apply to concierge or Platinum guests.
- As a reminder, Guests are given access to “My Online Check-in” as follows:
- Concierge and Platinum Castaway Club: 120 days in advance
- Gold Castaway Club: 105 days in advance
- Silver Castaway Club: 90 days in advance
- First Time Cruiser: 75 days in advance
Disney World news
- Tomorrow, February 4, 2011, marks the last day for the Velcro show at Innoventions West in Epcot. "What's Your Problem?" will be replaced but at this time nothing has been reported for its replacement. If you are like me, you have fond memories of this show - even as hokey as it was! :o) During our August 2010 trip, my older boys were chosen to be in the show. I laughed and laughed at them as they tried to build a block tower with Velcro blocks.
- "The Magic, the Memories and You", the new projection show at Disney World and Disneyland, has begun. This high-tech show begins about 15 minutes before Wishes and displays up to 500 guest pictures onto Cinderella's Castle (Disney World). While this new show has met a lot of criticism, I think it's probably a "have to see in person to appreciate" situation. Let the Memories Begin!
- The Flower Power Concert Series (part of the 2011 Epcot Flower & Garden Festival) begins March 2 and runs through May 15, 2011. Here's the tentative line-up.
March 11-13 - The Guess Who
March 18-20 - Chubby Checker & The Wildcats
March 25-27 - Melissa Manchester
April 1-3 - Starship Starring Mickey Thomas
April 8-10 - Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr.
April 15-17 - Juice Newton
April 22-24 - The Nelsons
April 29-May 1 - Paul Revere and the Raiders
May 6-8 - Davy Jones
May 13-15 - Herman's Hermits Starring Peter Noone
Disney's Aulani Resort
- Many people are still unaware of Disney's new Hawaiian resort. Due to open in August 2011, this resort will bring the magic of Disney to Hawaii. And Disney has created it with as much class and uniqueness as possible.
- "When Guests visit Aulani they may notice playful figures, known as Menehune, hiding around the resort. According to Hawaiian legend, the little Menehune (men-neh-HOO-nay) are shy folk who come out mostly at night. They are said to be gifted, possibly magical, craftspeople."